A huge upcoming world tour, an auction for charity and their biggest album to date, IDLES have had a phenominal year and aren’t stopping there.
IDLES have had an insanely good year and 2019 isn’t going to get any slower for this band. After announcing their 2019 world tour, it isn’t suprising how quickly tickets are selling out and amongst this, their generosity towards charity and their support towards mental health hasn’t gone unnoticed either.
We thought we’d ask them a few questions and see how they’re doing in the run up to christmas:
1. What have been your most memorable moments of 2018?
Going on the first ever tour with my best friends in October.
2. What’s your album of the year?
Joy As An Act of Resistance.
3. What was the best gig (besides your own) that you’ve been to this year?
Iceage at Scala
4. Where will you be this Christmas and New Year?
Back in Bournemouth fo Christmas , joining friends Paeris and Gus in this pub in Christchurch and hoping not to gets glassed like that guy did last Christmas Eve. In Bristol for NYE, not working the eve first time in 3 years so the possibilities are endless.
5. What’s your favourite thing to eat or drink at Christmas?
A Beer. Pre-meal snacks, cheese .i.e, you know the drill.
6. What’s the best and worst Christmas present you’ve ever received?
Worst: a manual paper shredder from my uncle when I was in year 11, what the actual fuck I was meant to do with that Uri?!
Can’t think of the best one cos all I can think of now is that paper shredder. Christmas hasn’t been the same since.
7. Do you have any resolutions for 2019?
Get a pet llama, name him Cody and teach him to do back flips and play pool.
8. What is one thing you hope does not continue into 2019?How hard it is to get it a pet llama, should be easer I think.
9. What album are you hoping for/looking forward to the most from 2019?
Magic Gang’s if it comes out next year.
10. What band/act do you think we should keep our eyes on in 2019?
Black Flies from Bristol.